Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Checked Out

I know. Where on earth did I go? I've been here and there and everywhere else, just not here. I realized this is the place where I would complain or boast or cry out or be silly. It really has no purpose for me. Plus I'm way more private than some and I'm getting worse. Call it maturity, call it realizing nobody really wants to hear all of my daily activities or events call it laziness - I don't know.

Sure there's been lots of highs and definitely some lows but I haven't wanted to share it with the world, only my closest friends. Whatever happened to physical interaction? I miss that.

I like the idea of having a voice though, knowing that at any time I can sit and type out what I'm thinking or going through. The problem with me blogging it is - I'll get it all out and it's done. I won't go back and do follow-up unless someone asks. I am really trying not to dwell too long on fleeting worries and broken relationships. Most of the time I think, "I should just sit down and get this all out" and then I sleep on it. Sure enough, the next morning I think, "Wow, good thing I didn't get that all out, I would have really been mean or whiney or something."

I know that's the whole purpose of being able to journal, but when it's all out there for everyone to read you take a BIG chance in hurting someone or saying something inappropriate. That's the polar opposite of my life's goals.

So after all that, am I going to continue my blog? I don't know. I've been really thinking of starting over and making one with a purpose that I can be passionate about. Like foreign travel or biographical stuff or tv shows or books - yeah, that sounds good.

2 comments:

Solana said...

I like the foreign travel idea. Will you do the traveling? Can I come?

Krista said...

Ooooh I wish...consider it "cyber-traveling", kind of like I pick a country, state, island, etc to 'study' and write a little blog about it. A travel channel-type of thing. I got the idea from a girl at work who cyber-travels on Saturday mornings as her hobby. She picks a place and looks at customs, dress, holidays, landmarks, etc. Plus it's totally free and a great way to celebrate God's beautiful Earth and all the people in it. How about that? :)