Sunday, November 23, 2008

10 Random Things about Me and Food

Courtney tagged me!

List 10 random things about yourself and FOOD...

1. I am allergic to honeydew melon. One fourth of July when I was around 10 we figured this out the hard way. I ate a bunch of it, then went to bed. I woke up itching something fierce and found huge blotches on my torso and upper thighs -- HIVES!! My mom called the doctor and he said to get me some Benadryl asap. So mom and I went to the store as soon as it opened (this was before 24 hr anything) and got some. It was awful and now I avoid it at all costs. Mixed fruit salads are like Russian roulette!

2. If I am wearing a white shirt, chances are I will spill on it within moments of beginning a meal.

3. I can't eat anything too spicy...and by too spicy I mean anything more than Taco Bell mild sauce. I blame my Scandinavian roots.

4. I've discovered that freshly made guacamole with cilantro in it makes me very sick to the point of food poisoning symptoms. For this reason, I detest El Pollo Loco where cilantro is the main frickin ingredient!

5. I love Indian food. I was afraid of it until I found out they had 'mild' alternatives. Bring me butter chicken and garlic na'an and I'm a happy woman...with a curry high.

6. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love all the food, plus there's football on tv all day. It's a wonderful thing.

7. I used to be really good at baking chocolate cookies from scratch but they don't turn out anymore....so I just buy the pre-made cookie dough and throw it in the oven.

8. My mom's side of the family gets together every Christmas eve for dinner; a tradition my Grandma started way back when. We have Swedish meatballs, scalloped potatoes, corn, rolls....you get the idea. Everything is sooo good!

9. I go through spurts of eating only one or two types of food at a time. I blame my singleness. I'll boil some eggs and make egg salad mix that will last me for a whole week of lunches. Or, I'll buy some cheese and eat grilled cheese for days. Or, I'll eat instant potatoes for dinner every night. Or I'll throw a couple of chicken breasts and tater tots in the toaster oven for a few meals in one week. I don't really get tired of eating the same thing.

10. I can eat ice cream any time, any day, any place. And I can eat lots of it.

There you have it! I tag Jessica, Mandy and Sonia.

1 comment:

M, A, C and K too! said...

Yeah- the white shirt... I don't even buy white shirts any more- it's just not worth my anger when I stain them! ;-)