Saturday, October 4, 2008

TV Junkie

I'm a tv junkie. I'll admit it. I love watching tv. I'm really good at it.

But you know what happened? The tv gods created more networks and channels. Then they started making really good quality tv shows on all those networks. Now someone like me has to choose between watching one show while taping/DVRing another, or God forbid miss it altogether.

So the internet gods came around and started posting network tv shows on network websites. Now I have to check what shows are posted, which ones are not, and which ones I'm willing to catch later on DVD or reruns.

I'm a bit of a tv snob too. If I don't see a show from the beginning, I usually won't watch it. With the exception of Seinfeld and King of the Hill, this has stood the test of time.

My goal is that soon I will get a DVR that can record two shows at once and keep unholy amounts of tv at my fingertips in a little box in my living room. Until then, I have to check the VHS tapes frequently to make sure there's enough room to record stuff.

But wait....what's this? Hulu.com?? You mean, I can have a DVR-type website on my computer?? And it's free?? What????

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy...I'm so loving this!!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

My brother promotes hulu.com every chance he gets. Maybe I should actually check it out...