Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Today is the day

Today I have my surgery. I leave for the hospital in one hour. My mom is picking me up, staying through the surgery and then driving me home. My sis is staying with me for the next few days. I couldn't sleep very well last night being so nervous and excited and scared at the same time. I've been looking forward to this for three years and today is the day! Such a major event!

My friends are being so supportive and work is dealing without me for a week. So many people have asked if I need anything. The hardest part of this is giving up my freedom and independence for a week. I'm fairly self-sufficient and independent, so this will be a change.

A nurse friend last night told me that she was excited for me and wants to talk to me afterward because she's thinking of having a reduction too. She gave me a bit of advice too saying 'be prepared for what you see when the bandages come off. Meaning - my chest is going to be very bruised and they will not look like breasts for a little while. I'm okay with that, as long as they do at some point. :)

Now, I'm off to lala land of anesthesia. I'll see you in a few days.

No comments: